Re: [T3] fog light relay

<x-flowed>> I just wired up my new fog lights, and can't get my dashboard switch
to trip the relay. I'm using an extra '66 vintage emergency switch mounted below the dash.

This has been puzzling me all day. Tonight I figured it out. The switch is actually TWO switches, both of which go to ground when the switch is pulled. One lead grounds through the bulb, and the other just through the mounting screw. I think this was because for the e-brake feature, it served two functions; a constant ground to trip the flashers, and an intermittent power from the signals to flash the bulb.
Anyway, I've now used the bulb side lead to close the loop for the fog relay. I tried the lights at night for the first time, and they are KEWL! They are new 5" amber fogs from Unity USA. They are distributed through Kenworth dealers (and other truck part dealers), it took awhile to find vintage look and quality. Cost was $80.

Peter Parker
'66 Square; Phillip
Portland, OR