Re: VW LICENSING PROGRAM (loooong)

--- Jim Adney <jadney@vwtype3.org> wrote:
> On 30 Apr 2003 at 15:23, Daniel Baum wrote:
>
> > In fact, VW should thank me for giving their
> company free advertising.
>
> I agree, and in a fair world this would be true.

The same defense was used against FOX when they went
off and sued everyone with a Simpsons website. It
didn't fly.

I heard a rumor recently that VW had ceased doing
business with Continental, which had been the ones
aggressively sending the threatening-sounding e-mails
on behalf of VW of course. I believe it was an the
unveiling of the two new VW models that the
announcement came, with a sidenote that the reason
they had separated was due to different ways each
company saw of doing things. While that wasn't exactly
an apology, it did sound like VWoA was backing off a
little.

As for keeping a low profile, which was my original
suggestion, what I meant was that I wasn't going to do
anything that caused VW to pay more attention to my
website, via contacting them for "permission" or
anything like that. If they find me, so be it. If not,
I can continue to do my part to help keep our cars
alive.

Aaron

=====