[T3] Couple questions: Wiring harness/ Electronic Ignition

Hey all I'm back on the list and closer then ever to driving my car!

First: I'm having my car painted soon and began to pull the dash apart and
realized I probably need a whole new harness for safty's sake.  My question is
do you think it would be wise to rip the whole old one out before I get the
new one!  Do the new ones come with good enough instruction to allow me to
risk loosing my bearings in regards to what goes where!

Second: I want to ditch my points and order a new coil and elecronic ignition.
 What I'm wondering is first is it possible and second what EXACTLY should I
be ordering.  Currently the car is a Fully Stock 1969 square with operational
FI and auotmatic tranny!!!

Thanks and it's good to be back on the list!!

Phil