Re: [T3] Early original interior options consist of??

> My question is where do I obtain close to original materials for this??

If you want to see what the interior looks like, my '63 Squareback is a
good example:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/scrapbook/63variant/

As far as I know, there is no exact match available.  The black/white checker
pattern (Silver Beige) is cloth and wears out quickly on the seats.

I have seen several vehicles, including my '63 Notchback with a somewhat
similar material, it can be seen here on my front seats:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/scrapbook/63notch/

This seemed to be a common replacement material in the past and may still
be available now.

The only time I have ever seen someone selling what they thought was "correct"
61-63 Type 3 material turned out to be 64-67 Bus Salt & Pepper upholstery,
which is different.

The floormats are also NLA.  These wear out and end up ripping to shreads.
 My '63 Notch has 80K miles and the mats are worn in several places.  I
spent a few hours gluing them back together but they still have visible
wear.  I highly recommend anyone who has a 61-65 Type 3 with original rubber
floor mats to get some additional Coco or other mats to reduce the wear
and tear on your floors.

As Jason said, the color names are listed on the NONA site, under "Resto
Info".

--
Everett Barnes
everettb@thesamba.com