Re: VW LICENSING PROGRAM (loooong)

>> breaking
>> someone's laws by taking pictures of my own car

>it's not the pictures. it is the use of terms like "VW" or "Volkswagen".

you are correct, but that is not the whole picture.

Taking a picture of your (stock) type 3 from almost any angle will display a VW symbol.

Let's say that you decide to publicize this picture on a website that is promoting your business (not necessarily a VW-related business, it could be a photography studio for that matter).

You now have a VW logo promoting your business and therefore using copyrighted logo to gain you profit.

Maybe unintentionally, but technically illegal none-the-less.

It's the same law that if you take a picture of a person and publish it (in any manner, for profit or not) without their permission, they have every right to sue you.

Al
(STILL not a lawyer)

PS:  I now fully expect to hear from the dark-syders on the merits of customizing your Type 3 to be completely void of resemblance to anything VW produced.