Re: [T3] [T-3] ENGINE BROKE GOOD, PISTON DESINTERGRATING STORY

Leon wrote:
>Was it the cheap gas and or the driving ????
>any thoughts ?

How about both. : ) You do however stress test everything very good. I try to
use only good gas, as I've blown up several engines running cheap gas in
them. After the second time I told myself not to use the cheap stuff again. I
haven't done it, its been over 8 years since I had a failure (knock on wood).
The first time I sent the valve head from #1 cylinder thru the piston and
broke the cam in half, the 2nd time it was #4 valve head that went thru the
piston, and bent the crank, and took out a lifter and boss. Both times it
left me stranded along the highway. I hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       69 Square AT-the baby suburban