RE: [T3] Curious Phenomenon

It's not the heat it's the humidity!

It doesn't have to be cold, just humid.
I had this problem on a motorcycle when
I forgot to shut off the petcock. Fuel
would drip out the carb and freeze out
in the summer in Seattle.

Think how cold it gets when you spill any
solvent on your hand. This is the heat of
evaporation and how the A/C works in those
cars that have them, not my T3 though.

If it's tool cold, it doesn't evaporate
enough to freeze.

Jeff - now that I think about it, I shoulda
known there was a problem with fuel when
this happened. Silt and sand in the tank
kept the float open, and eventually killed
the carbs.