RE: [T3] fan pulling, long

On 28 Apr 2003 at 9:14, Vlach, Joe -CKHS wrote:

> >>Give us the dimensions of this washer.>>
>
> Well, half of it's smashed into bits. The other half I could measure
> tonight. It appears about the same width as a washer used under the screws
> to mount the engine tin, but the thickness is greater.

Is it black? Could it be one of the rubber valve stem "seals" that always turn
brittle, break, fall apart and drop down into the engine? If so it's not a
problem.

> >>So you're using 2 M8 x 1.25 bolts into the fan hub and pushing down into
> the
> center of the crank? If so, this should pull right out. No matter what,
> DON'T
> pull from the outer edge of the fan.>>
>
> Yes, something must be wrong though. I pulled hard enough to bend a piece of
> flatbar.  Can I heat the area with a torch?

Gee, I don't know what could cause this. I suppose you could heat the hub
gentley, but I'd want to make sure that you're really pulling and pushing on
the right places first.