Re: [T3] '66 Type 34 for sale

>> Roadster!
>> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/index.mv?photo+200304261814292792
>Ok, I'll be the first to ask... story, please, Everett?

/sets way back machine

The story goes that sometime in the early 90s, the back window of this Type
34 cracked.  Not being able to find a new back window, the owner decided
to just cut off the roof.  Soon after, he realized the doors would not open
and shut correctly without the rigidity the roof provided so he welded the
doors shut, latches, hinges, glass and all.

Fast forward to 1996, when the guy I bought it from found it and bought
it, dreaming of completeing it to create a Type 34 roadster.  This never
happened and it sat in his yard until last weekend.

- Everett