[T3] Puyallup Show (Springmeet) -- Part IV, The End.

Martin calls us and says that they are in a gas station and trying to hook up
the lights.  We meet them and Brooke is getting the system going.  Just
corroded fuses and a funky light switch.  Martin discovers that there is no
oil in the engine!  A couple quarts of oil, jackets for Brooke and Martin, and
we're all back on the road :-)

We safely make it home, way late than expected.  Martin is frazzeled and we're
all a bit tired.  Four Squarebacks (two on airbag systems!!!) rumble out of
Martin's driveway and off into the night.  The "runner" is then driven into
Martins chop-shop and the day has ended, yeay!!

The show was nice, especially the swap area (always big!), but our adventure
with the cars was definitely one to remember.  During the trip home in the
dark, watching Brooke keep the car going while we watched out parts car sway
behind us, I thought about how this would be in a movie.  If anyone hasn't
seen the movie "Jackass", it's just a bunch of guys doing stupid guy stuff
like we normally do when with friends but just getting paid for it (okay, some
of us aren't *that* stupid).  I figured we could call our movie "Dumbass" :-p

As of right now, I'm waiting for Adam to show up with the parts car to store
it at my place.  Happy Dubbin'!

     Toby Erkson  --  air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
     '72 VW Squareback, '95 VW Jetta, '81 Gold Wing
     http://www.icbm.org/
     Portland, Oregon

P.S. Forgot to mention, at one of our stops, I felt the ground wheels of the
towed Fasty and the right side was hot!  The rubber was creating a lot of heat
so Adam changed the tire cuz it looked bad.  That helped reduce some of the
swaying we were experiencing while towing it.