RE: [T3] Tow Bar Adapter

> Richard, do you leave your adapter on your car all the
time?

Good question,  I was wondering the same thing.

Also I wonder if, as long as we are custom fabricating a tow bar, if it wouldn't be better to start with a tow bar from a Super beetle, as seen here http://www.empius.com/t/towbars.html  (unit 3130).   Instead of having a tube run parallel to the cross member you could attache vertical plates directly to the flat plate that you bolt on to the cross member.   It would give you a lower profile and probably could be left on the car.   Also they could be extended to lower the bar.  From my superbeetle days I can tell you that these tow bars are shorter length wise, tongue to mount, than the regular beetle tow bars and that may be an issue.

Just a thought.