Re: [T3] Tow Bar Adapter

Richard Green wote:

  http://thesamba.com/vw/gallery/index.mv?view+38

>Adapter pictures coursty of caskell and specs from bobnotch on the
>shoptalkforums.
>Normal Disclamer, build at your own risk, please verify deminsions and
>such for your applacation. Have fun

 Yes, we ( him and I ) worked on this a little bit to get his to work for
him. He was able to tow his type3 400 miles without any problems, so that was
a plus for both me and for him. His does look a little different than mine
does, only because I set my tube a little lower than his is. But his was done
just by description (text only), and appoximate dimensions from my sample
that I have here, that already has over 1600+ towing miles on. Last year I
tried to loan it it John J. so he could pick up another type3, but he decided
it (the car) wasn't for him and never actually got to use it, but he has seen
it (mine) in person. This unit does work, and if you have some fabricating
skills, and some time, its cheaper than renting a tow dolly, and pulls from
the front beam, NOT the body. I hope this helps anybody with a type3.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       69 Square AT-the baby suburban