Re: [T3] spring-loaded antenna

> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/index.mv?photo+71943.jpg
> Maybe Notchboy has a similar tool?

Why yes I do! I have three different makes of "flush" or "keyed" anteni.

BOSCH with the aforementioned two prong or spayed key.
http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/2789089/1051322705658_MVC_001S.JPG
http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/2789089/1051322704998_MVC_002S.JPG
Its the second most oldest one I've got and is circa 65-70 I believe.

Here is a PADDIG that uses a key to lock the anteni. Note the "P" shaped
key. Its the oldest one I got and do not know when its from, but its on my
original 62.
http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/2789089/1051322704413_MVC_003S.JPG

And finally a brand new FLAPS type, brand unknown. I bought this for the
fact that it does go flush and I needed a key for my BOSCH one too.
http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/2789089/1051322703524_MVC_004S.JPG

There you have it. None of them have any kind of spring action though. This
type of anteni are defiantly a big Porsche 356 item and can be pricy if the
Porsche name is attached. The key is to check those "other" foreign cars at
the wrecker. Who knows what you may find!!

jason