Re: [T3] Ignition Leads (was Problems)

On 24 Apr 2003 at 12:43, Shad Laws wrote:

> You have a '73... I should caution you... copper plug leads + electronic
> fuel injection = bad idea.  Copper leads make a lot of noise!  It'll also
> dirty up your radio stations.

The OEM leads were copper, for FI as well as carbs, but they come with
suppressed connectors on the ends. The SP connectors have 1k Ohm, the rotor has
5k Ohm, and AT cars (I have no idea why) came with another 1k Ohm at the nose
of the coil. I think these are as quiet as anything more modern.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org