Re: [T3] Sleeping extension hinges installed!

<x-flowed>

Jim Adney wrote:

Are you sure you're remembering this correctly? On our early rear seats, there are 2 locks for the seat back and they occur at the 1/4 and 3/4 points, not in the center. Each consists of a spring loaded L-shaped lever with a hook on one arm and a nylon pad on the other. They engage in holes in the seat back which show up on the "floor" when the seat is put down.

Once again, I was wrong :-( I ran outside to check, and it is two levers, not one. It looks exactly like you describe it.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that these hooks doesnt exactly hold the seat back if there's a big load pushing from the rear in an emergency stop. I remember once, I had something heavy in te back (cant remember what it was), I had to make a emergency stop for some stupid woman driving some stupid Japanese car, and the rear seat back folded forward as the load hit it from the rear. I thought my rear seat was broken but luckily it only pushed into place again.

PerL
73 Variant L