Re: [T3] Its ALIVE!

<x-flowed>At 10:50 PM -0400 4/19/03, Tad Heckaman wrote:

We hooked the mechanical fuel pump up to the fuel lines, and it seems to be running fine. The car had fuel injection since it was made, so it had a electric pump. When the PO switched over to carbs he used the electric pump, but since it went too fast, he "installed" a regulator into the fuel system. I suppose the mechanical pump has been running for 30+ years without any fuel?

Huh? There was already a mechanical pump on there? If it was an f.i. car, there would not have been a mechanical pump. The auxiliary air regulator is mounted in that hole.

jets. The linkage is kinda flaky, does anyone have a photo on how its
supposed to look? (my Bentley hasn't arrived yet)

Even if these are stock Solex carbs, the Bentley won't help; it only covers fuel injection. Try the Haynes manual.

I had to replace the coil, and after we ran it once, we turned the
distributor around a little bit. That reduced a lot of the backfiring

Sounds like you're just kind of guessing the timing? You should set the point gap precisely, figure out which distributor the previous owner has in there, and time it exactly; there's no hope of getting it to run its best if you don't do this.

The electrical system is still in poor shape, when I turn the turn
signals on,  both the arrows light up. I don't know if that's normal or

Yup, that's normal. They're wired together.

not. The light switch works, when I pull it out, the dash lights go on,
I don't see the headlights, nor the running lights, so I guess they are
burnt out.

Maybe the fuses are blown? Or the wiring is disconnected? Or bad grounds, or bad switch... Don't waste your money on new lamps, as the fix may be free. Definitely find out what the problem is.

There is a button between the speedo and the clock, but I

Is this a red button with a "B" on it? When working properly, this is intended to light up when one of the brake circuits fails. It's also supposed to light up when you push it so that you can test to make sure the lamp works.

	Good luck... sounds like you're making progress!

-Greg