RE: [T3] Its ALIVE! (Brake warning light)

It's a 69 fastback.

... There is a button between the speedo and the clock, but I
> just cant figure out what it is. What's it used for?<
>
> ...The button is a brake warning light and test light bulb switch.You
> press it while the key is on to test the bulb, if it comes on while
> using the brakes, one of the 2 systems has a problem to let you know
it
> needs to be fixed...

What year is your car?  My '72 has that indicator but you don't push it.
It used to light up when you started the car then went out.  It only lit
up if there was a problem with the brakes -- it never lit up when my
parents owned the car and I removed it when I took ownership.

     Toby Erkson  --  air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
     '72 VW Squareback, '95 VW Jetta, '81 Gold Wing
     http://www.icbm.org/
     Portland, Oregon