[T3] auto problems

Hey guys,
 This dude I know has an auto square. we got a trannie
that was sposto be good. he put it in and says that it
Idles fine in park or neurtal but when you put in
reverse or drive it idles high but doesnt spin the
wheels, and he is unable to get it to shift into 1st
or 2nd. He says he has teh cable adjusted correctly.
He has dual weber 34 icts on the car, should the
Vacume be plugged directly into the carb intake??
any ideas ?

Thanks in advance
Bryan
71 square