Re: [T3] Build date of my 1969 Fastback ? Thanks

On 18 Apr 2003 at 23:13, type3@vwtype3.org wrote:

> For 68-9 FI cars it was an option that some cars came with from the factory. I
> don't know how VW decided which cars got it and which didn't, but I have always
> assumed that it was geographic. Starting in 70, all the FI cars came with a much
> simpler cold start valve system. It's interesting that I don't recall seeing an
> option (M-)code for this option.

Okay, I sent that too soon. Looking thru the M-codes list I'll bet that this is
the one. I'm sure the word "SEAT" is a typo in the microfilm. Anyone have an
idea what it should have been?

M 229 COLD START EQUIPMENT SEAT
      F  318 000 001-- 319 500 000                      M236:
                                                        311-314,
                                                        361-364;
                                                        M236/
                                                        M234/