Re: [T3] Wiring Diagram late model Squareback

On 17 Apr 2003 at 7:07, Carolina Shows wrote:

> I recently bought a 70 Squareback with FI.  Squirrels have chewed up most of
> the wires and left the electrical system in tatters.  I am wondering if you
> folks have a wiring diagram, more specifically something showing the fuel
> injection system in detail.  I have the regular wiring diagram that you find
> in the Haynes manual but it is short on wiring details for a FI.

The book to get is the Bentley, which has all the details:

Volkswagen Official Service Manual
Type 3 Fastback and Squareback 1968-1973
published by Robert Bentley, Cambridge, Mass, 1974
ISBN 0-8376-0057-X / LPV 997 383 / VSQU
(excellent book, complete and well written)

Or one of these, if you are lucky enough to find one:

Volkswagen Fuel Injection Technical Manual, second edition
(covers Type III only)
published by Henry Elfrink, Los Angeles, 1970

Volkswagen Fuel Injection Technical Manual, forth edition
(covers D-Jetronic Type III, IV, 914)
published by Henry Elfrink, Los Angeles, 1972

I may also have a good used '70 FI wiring harness, which would be expensive,
but save you a lot of time and possible mistakes.