RE: [T3] Auto Tranny Shift Lever Adjustment

Thanks

... The inside arm
is riveted/peened to the shaft, and his came loose.

I have had the pan & valve body off of my tranny. - Here are the symptoms &
what I found: (It will probably sound like Greek unless you have had a look
inside one of these transmissions. It also a very messy job. No matter how
hard you try you still get full of ATF)
 I first lost reverse & then the transmission started to behave weirdly.
When in '3' the car would shift 1st..2nd but refused to go into 3rd. If I
pushed the shift lever into neutral whilst driving it then shifted into 3rd.
Park would also not lock the transmission out. I played around with the
adjustment but it had no effect.

When I had the pan off  I found that the bolt that holds the lever that
transfers the shift levers forwards/backwards movement to a left right
movement (This lever engages the 'Park' lock) had worked its way loose & had
almost fallen out. I had to remove the valve body to put it back so I took
the opportunity to clean the valve body. There was a lot of green 'gunk'
inside the transmission which I cleaned out.