RE: [T3] Fuel injection troubles have defeated me so far :UPDATE

On 16 Apr 2003 at 20:12, Bryan Castles wrote:

> It's a '69, so it IS the one below the exhaust port.  I went back and
> forth for a very long time...  Even let the engine cool further (it was
> pretty cool when I started working) for about 2 or 3 hours before this
> happened.

Hot/warm alum is more prone to gall, so better to do this cold. Did you try to
get some oil in there? That makes a big difference, but sometimes there's no
other way out.

Some replacement heads have the boss under #4 exhaust as well as the other one
on top. If you have the upper boss (feel above the valve cover) then a hole in
the tin there is a very nice improvement over the OE 68-9 location.