RE: [T3] Fuel injection troubles have defeated me so far :UPDATE

On 16 Apr 2003 at 14:55, Bryan Castles wrote:

> Okay, I started with replacing the hose to the pressure sensor.  The car
> runs totally different suddenly.  There is a good chance that it was
> causing me problems all along.  However I have a new or related problem.
> I've got the car at home in the driveway, I turn the key and I get the
> two expected clicks.  I then start it, and it starts right up, runs
> pretty smooth, and has no smoke coming from the exhaust.  I can let it
> idle and after about 20 seconds or so, the car will just die.

I can't be sure, but after running rich like this for so long I think there is
a good chance that the plugs are fouled. Before you beat yourself up looking
for an exotic solution try replacing the plugs (Bosch W8AC) and see if this
fixes it.

The insulators on fouled plugs become conductors when they get hot enough for
the fouling to conduct. You've described a pretty typical fouling situation,
but this is pretty rare with lead free gasoline.

There are certaily other possibilities, but this is where I'd start.