Re: [T3] Chip in windshield

On 16 Apr 2003 at 8:35, Aaron Clow wrote:

> The windshield in my Square has a pretty good chip in it. Before it
> spreads to a crack I want to get it fixed. Is there anything different
> about older windshields that I need to know? Can I just bring it in to
> SafeLite or something and get it repaired? It's the original
> windshield.

This may actually be a good thing to do. There are repair processes that work
as long as the crack is just in the outside layer of glass. They drill a small
hole and inject a plastic in there and pull it thru the crack with a vacuum
pump. Once it is all filled they expose it to UV which catylizes it into a
durable solid. I suspect that this should hinder the propagation of the crack.
I've never done it, but I think it's fairly cheap.

Let us know how it goes.