Re: [T3] brake leakage

On 16 Apr 2003 at 17:51, orntar@att.net wrote:

> my rear right brake is leaking. i see 'wettness' on the inner wheel and tire
> after parking it, but the leak is not significant enough to drain the
> reservoir. i believe it to be the cyl that is leaking, but i have not had a
> chance to get under there and check it out. now, you may not be able to tell me
> exactly what i need, but, if it is the cyl, do i need a new one, or a rebuild
> kit? i don't think it is the line, i had it into shop about a year ago, and
> they checked the whole brake system over and replaces the front soft lines?

It is even possible that you could just hone the cylinder in the car and then
clean up and reinstall the old rubber. I have done this many times. You just
need to run your fingernail over the rubber carefully and remove ALL the rust
that is imbedded there.

If the cylinder wall is DEEPLY pitted you will have to replace it.

You MUST fix this one way or the other. It will only get worse and become
dangerous. Fix it quickly, before you kill or injure yourself or someone else.

STD brake fluid will just wash off with a garden hose. Rinse off the wheel,
tire drum, and all the internal parts once you have it apart.