RE: [T3] Fuel injection troubles have defeated me so far

On 16 Apr 2003 at 11:47, Bryan Castles wrote:

> Well, my car is a '69 MT.

That would have come with an L dist, which is worth looking for because it is
one of the best choices possible. All the others have less advance.

> >What position? Any fixed position? If so, then make sure your pressure
> sensor hose is attached at both ends.
>
> Yes, any fixed position.  Guess what...  That hose was not only off at
> the engine side, but it's been off before.  Upon closer inspection, it's
> really dried and cracked on that end (could this have been the problem
> the whole time?) so I'm going to get a new piece for that, new points
> and a new condenser before I go any farther.  Would it be bad to go to a
> petronix type system while I'm trying to fix the car?

Yes, that hose off will upset EVERYTHING in a major way. BTDT  8-0

Just start with that one fix. I strongly recomment that you not start
"upgrading" before you're done fixing. Otherwise you will find yourself in that
perpetual downward spiral of problems. You're much better off getting
everything working nicely and THEN start changing things. This is the ONLY way
to start to understand what really helps, and it's also the only realistic way
to get things working well again.