From: Bryan Castles [mailto:bc@version3studios.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 3:34 PM
To: type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: RE: [T3] Fuel injection troubles have defeated me so far
:UPDATE

Well, in the last several minutes, I also decided it is electrical, so I
started noticing that the time it runs is shorter the warmer the motor
gets...  And let me tell you, it's getting pretty warm.  I can't really
even touch the body of the distributor.  It also seems like if I wiggle
the wire going to the head temp sensor, that I can actually get it to
die...  Though it won't do it straight away.  It seems like it has to
run for a bit, then it is open to me manipulating it.  Does it ignore
those sensors for a bit until the system gets going?  That would fit in
with it doing it worse on the road, but would it cause the car to run
hot like that?  I'm waiting for the system to cool off before I try to
put another sensor on there.  I think I am stuck trying to do this with
a box wrench.

Any other ideas while I'm at it?

Bryan Castles
Dallas Air Coolers