RE: [T3] Fuel injection, hot starts

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 09:38, jason.smith@sarcom.com wrote:
> > The relay for the cold start valve. I think the manual said
> > it's suppose to be located on the passenger side firewall;
> > however, it is now located above and aft of the starter.
>

> I'm still confused on which relay this is, I guess we'll have to wait for
> someone to chime in.

The early version of the cold start system, had a relay mounted on the
left side of the engine compartment, near the pressure sensor.

My cure for a problem cold start system, is to just disconnect it and
plug the hoses. I live in an area where the temperatures can get as low
as 20 below zero in the winter, and have never had a T-3 fail to start.

I know I am going to hear some flack about this statement, BUT I am just
going from personal experience, and the experience of many factory
trained VW mechanics.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT