Re: [T3] Fuel injection relays - no second click

--- Jim Adney <jadney@vwtype3.org> wrote:

> The lack of a second click means that something has
> been miswired in the fuel
> pump circuit. This is a safety issue and can also be
> a running issue.

> If this is a very late 71 or a 72 this most likely
> means that there is a
> miswired connection on your starter which makes the
> FI think the starter is
> running all the time. This will make the FI run rich
> (because it thinks you're
> still trying to start the car.)

The car is a July 71. I believe that's considered
"early" 71, However, I know that the car was running
rich, either because the fuel pump circuit is wired
wrong or from any of the more "normal" reasons because
the old spark plugs were covered in dry black soot.

Thanks for the tips... I should be able to check it
all out tomorrow night.

Aaron