Re: [T3] Mirror plug

On 12 Apr 2003 at 23:21, BOB2TYPE3S@aol.com wrote:

> Jim wrote:

> >The body shops hated it when the dealers supplied the wrong fenders and
> >they then had to make the holes right. It's probably pretty hard to get them
> >drilled in there in just the right straight line.
>
>  Yeah, I know , I hate it myself, but it needs to be done. I had planned on
> using a chalk line to help lay out the holes, the use the other side for the
> location of them. Thanks for the help.

I don't know about the chalk line, unless the fender is off the car and flat on
the ground. Otherwise gravity will worka against you. I wonder if you could
make us some kind of marker that would pilot off the crease just above it and
make a line parallel to that crease. Something like the rounded end of a broom
handle might just fit very nicely in the radius of that crease, then you just
need something to hold a marker just the right distance from the broom handle.