Re: [T3] Engine/Tranny mounts

On Sun, 2003-04-13 at 15:15, Thorkhild wrote:
> I've noticed lately that my engine has been moving up and down. I can
> move it myself by hand. While driving I can hear it hitting my engine
> cover when it stumbles. Its my CB T3 oil breather that hits(it a tad to
> high, not sure why.)  I suspect that my front tranny mount is the
> culprit. My shifter moves a lot as well. I have replaced the rear mounts
> recently, but never the front mounts.  My car is a swing axle right now
> but is getting the IRS conversion soon. Are the front mounts the same?
> And is it possible to change the mount with the tranny in the car or am
> I going to have to pull it completely out?
> This might explain why my clutch slips aswell?

If you have swing axle tranny, do you have the snubber installed above
the air intake boot. If it is not installed, you will never keep a front
mount in the car.
Yes, you can change that front mount without pulling the tranny, but I
don't recommend it for someone that has never at least SEEN it done
before.
If you do attempt it, don't forget to remove the air intake boot, or you
will destroy it.

Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT
'71 FB AT