From: Russ wolfe [mailto:russella@prairieinet.net]
Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2003 8:00 PM
To: type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: [T3] Carb question... what will fit?

On Sat, 2003-04-12 at 19:42, Bryan Castles wrote:
> I know I've seen talk on this subject before, but I couldn't find what

> I was looking for, and thought I'd post it anyway.  Sorry if I'm
> duplicating...
>
> I really want to take my fuel injection off of my '69 Square.  So, I'm

> looking for a pretty low cost carb solution.  While a new set of ICT's

> aren't widely regarded as expensive ($349 at CIP1) right now that is a

> lot.  Will anything else fit?  More specifically... A set of baby
> dells? I might have a lead on some for much cheaper, but I don't know
> if I'll even get them to fit below the engine cover.

If you are determinded to convert to carbs on a stock 1600cc engine, the
cheapest, and easiest setup to put on it is the stock carb set up. See
if someone has a carb setup off a '67 T-3, or maybe someone overseas has
a set that they would want to part with. I hate to see you give up on
the FI. Also, don't throw any of the pieces away. Some else can always
use them.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT