Re: Mirror plug

Thanks Russ, and ALL. It appears to be an OE plug (has rust stains around the
outer edge). The car was repainted at the dealer some time back in the 70's
or early 80's, as the left rear fender was replaced at the dealer (NOS) at
that time (and the whole car was repainted? at that time) but the original
owner didn't want to spring for a new piece of waist trim, so the rear fender
never got any holes put in it (they just left that piece of trim off). This
is the first T-3 fender that I've ever seen with out any holes that were NOT
bondoed over. And yes its steel, I know because I removed what little paint
was on it. Its not like a normal T-3 part, as it just barely had any primer
on it instead of the usual couple of layers that I'm used to working with
like wants on the rest of the car. Thanks for ALL the help, I really
appreciate it, ( this is the newest T-3 I've ever worked on) : ).

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       69 Square AT-the baby suburban