Re: [T3] compression tester

On 10 Apr 2003 at 11:36, Matthew_Russell@ziba.com wrote:

> ps, john muir's book, describing the rubber ended style comes to mind as
> being the easiest to use, but is it the best? is there a "best".

The rubber tipped style are easy to use on our engines, but it can be hard to
find one that has long enough reach to get in past the cooling tin. I have one
I bought long ago from Snap-On which does this job just fine.

The screw in type has the advantage that you only need one person to run it,
but I've never had trouble finding someone to turn the key for me occasionally.
If that's a problem for you there are always those remote switches for running
the starter.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org