RE: [T3] compression tester

The rubber ended ones that Muir describes work ok, but require two people to use unless you have a remote starter switch or something.  One person to hold the tester firmly in the spark plug hole and one to crank the engine over.

I use the rubber hose, screw-in style and havent really had a problem.  I bought mine new and it came with a couple of adapters.  It has a one way valve so I can screw it in, walk around to the front and crank the engine over, walk back and read the gage.  The rubber hose actually makes it a bit easier to screw it in.  You only have to be careful not to cross thread it.

Later,
John Jaranson
'71 FI Auto Fasty (Jane)
'66 Square (Sophy)