[T3] Got my car! (was, I'M BAAACK!!)

--- Jim Adney <jadney@vwtype3.org> wrote:
>>> Type 3 content: The list seems pretty quiet the
last few days. The northern midwest and east got snow
again yesterday and so maybe most of us just kept our
type 3s off the streets until the salt dissipates. It
should be warm outside soon and I'm eager to start
getting some actual car work done. <<<

Warm? What is warm? I can't recall... drizzly, snowy,
cold in NY today...  Luckily the storms (more later
this week I hear) held off until after I picked up my
new Squareback (my first Type3)! Towed it back on a
U-Haul auto transport in Saturday's drizzle. Cleaned
up the inside on Sunday... Vacuumed up about a pound
of rat turds from various areas. The space between the
hood seal and the fender lip had a lot of tree leaves
& decayed stuff caked in, which I gather is also in
the typical drain spots as the carpet under the
passenger mats was pretty wet. Hopefully it will be
sunny next weekend so I can unplug the drains & get
the car running again.

I am so psyched to get started... And Jim's advice to
someone else about a month ago was appropriate -- it's
so easy to get distracted by all the things I want to
do with this car... Tough to focus on only what
*needs* to get done...

I started a section on my website for my new family
addition (addiction?)...

http://www.tiserves.net/vw/ -> goto My VW's.

Aaron