Re: [T3] Battery drain question

Remove the negative battery terminal and put an ammeter in series with it
when everything is off...   more than 10 milliamps or so and something is
wrong.  Quality batteries die from old age at about 9-11 years, the sludge
layer in the bottom of them finally builds to the point that it creates a
leakage path across the cells, draining them ever so faster with time.
Youll also find that your battery, when fully charged, can deliver the
current but has little or no capacity left and wont crank the car for long.

Keith

> My 9 year old battery will no longer hold a charge if I do not drive the
car for 3-4 days, guess they don't make 'em like they used to 8-).  I
suspect the battery may have a bad cell due to its age but I am going to
have it tested today.  If the battery is OK, how do I check for a small
electrical drain that could run down the battery in 3-4 days?