Re: [T3] Rear brake leaks and some other questions

> Standard brake fluid is not oil-based. It is more closely related to anti-
> freeze, being made mostly of compounds similar to ethylene glycol. I
understand
> that it can be made to burn, but only poorly and with difficulty.

I've never thought of brake fluid as particularly flammable, but on a motoring
series on BBC TV some years ago they put brake fluid on a hot engine header and
it burst into flames, while gasoline didn't!  I don't think it was 1st April
either.  Maybe it decomposes when heated and makes flammable vapours.   Glycol
is an alcohol and ethylene glycol sounds as if it has the right components to be
a fuel, but I'm no chemist.   It was memorable at the time, so I don't think
it's my memory letting me down.  Could be a fun experiment to try.  ;-)

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/
------