Re: [T3] Late plain o jane o

On 3 Apr 2003 at 19:36, Per Lindgren wrote:

> No, mine's a dual port. It's a 73 with it's own original tin! Still, it
> has little add-on tin pieces around the intakes, they need to be removed
> to get the manifolds out.

Yes, I think this is exactly typical. It appears that, at least in the later
years, VW realized that the smart thing to do would be to make just one style
of tin and provide different cover plates for the different style manifolds.
You can even see these on the parts lists. There are 3 different styles of
cover plates: single port, dual port, and FI. From 67-on these would correspond
to single carb, dual carb, and FI, while the 66 dual carb used single port
heads..

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org