Re: [T3] Early engines

<x-flowed>On Wednesday, April 2, 2003, at 04:28  PM, Russ wolfe wrote:

On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 15:43, Per Lindgren wrote:

I believe you could use heads from the 1966-70 type 1 1500 cc engine, as
this one will have the correct single port intake.

You might want to check into this with someone that has an original
early T-3 single port engine. If I remember correctly, some of the VERY
early engines had intake ports like the 1200cc engines. And, there are a
couple versions of the angled single port 1500cc heads. I have a pair of
the early 1500cc heads that I took off a maybe '63 T-2 engine last
weekend. They have the early style rocker arms, with the .008-.012"
valve clearance.

Russ is right. The heads were like 1200 heads up to August 62. After that the intake ports and the manifold ends were angled. The manifold you need to look for will depend on which heads you have. A 1961-62 manifold will be harder to find, so with any luck you'll have the later angled heads.

Sidedraft carbs, manifolds, air cleaners, etc, come up fairly often on eBay.

Scott
62 343 (035272, April 62)
65 361