Re: [T3] Early engines

<x-flowed>

Andy Holmes wrote:

Hi all

I need some help on early engines I have a late November 61 T34 (chassis
0002910).  Its original sidedraft carb engine was no 3120 but it now has a
slightly later one with engine number TR 172401.

Questions are as follows

1  - when was the engine made - without the TR prefix I would have but it as
pre August 63 (it is a side draft engine)

There certainly are no TR code engine, but there is a T code engine. This engine is the 1600 cc twin carb version, amde all the way up to the end in 1973 (I have one in my car).

2 - the manifold on the engine is mangled - any good sources of replacements
in the UK  (None with T3D at present) - presume I need to be careful it fits
the right heads and isn't coked up, were early heads similar to1200cc's?

I believe you could use heads from the 1966-70 type 1 1500 cc engine, as this one will have the correct single port intake.

PerL
73 Variant L