Re: [OT] Cimmarron (was Greg's Farewell)

Keith wrote:
>OH MAN!!  I know my heart stopped for a minute... and the kid across the
>room thought I was reading about someone that had died!

Yes, my heart skipped a couple of beats too. I was kinda worried who would
take over too, as I know Greg puts a lot of time and effort into keeping the
list going for us,just so we can get our fix. The list is highly addictive,
and wouldn't know what to do without it.

vw_variant wrote:
>It's actually a leathered-up 80's Chevy Cavalier (also
>sold as a Buick, an Oldsmobile, a Pontiac etc.)...
>I had a few of them (were they called J-Cars?). They
>were cheap to fix, you could drive them into the
>ground, but they eventually fell apart on ya.

Yeah, but here in the salt belt they make excellent cheap throw away winter
cars, so we can keep our type3s around for a long time. My current winter
only car is a Buick Skylark (X-car), and its doors are about gone, 1 power
window works and it has real heat for when it gets up to 0 for the high. I'd
rather drive something like that than sacrifice a perfectly good type3 to the
salt gods. According to Keith, where he lives they put down 200lbs per mile,
and here in Michigan they do at least that, if not more. Our road commision
states they have already used over 7600 tons of salt this winter (as of March
10th), and they were going to buy more just so they have enough to finish
this winter with.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       69 Squareback AT-the baby suburban
Sue 70 Fasty AT