Re: [T3] Replacing fuel injector hose

On 1 Apr 2003 at 10:44, Earthman? wrote:

> I recall the subject of replacing hoses surfacing a little while back...  take care not
> to sever a metal barb? I'm planning on replacing these wasted hoses soon, might just be
> enough of an excuse to buy a new Dremel tool :)

I'm amazed that you "fix" of just trimming the old hose worked at all.

To fix these you need to remove the injectors completely. There is a crimp
sleeve at the base of the hose that you have to cut thru, this lets you remove
the old hose and crimp sleeve completely and replace it with ordinary 5/16"
fuel hose.

You just have to be careful when cutting thru the sleeve that you don't cut
into the hose nipple that is under it. If you do, you may not be able to get a
new hose to seal. So make shallow cuts and get one injector apart. Once you see
what's under there you'll have a much better idea of what you're trying to
avoid.