[T3] Replacing fuel injector hose

Hi all,

Apologies in advance for my long winded mail:

Over the weekend I was tinkering with my timing, etc. Sunday afternoon I drove over to a
friends house and noted that my idle was high, so I popped the hatch to nudge it down a
bit and noticed that the hose feeding #1 injector was wet with fuel. I allowed the car to
cool a bit, adjusted the hose clamp and primed the circuit. No leak. Started her up, ran
around for a look...  no leak.

I drove to work Monday morning, and on a whim popped the hatch to have a glance and the
top of the tin that shields the 1/2 exhaust manifold is drenched in gas. 8O %$#@!

A couple years back I had noticed such leaking from the injectors, and my quick fix (due
to a lack of spares) was to gently trim the cracked & deteriorated end to expose what
appeared to be fresh rubber. This quick fix has now surpassed it's useful lifespan.

So what did I do? I tried to gently trim some more just to limp home. Surprize, surprize,
it failed to work. After getting a ride home from a co-worker I broke out my box of
spares, and to my dismay all but 1 pair were well beyond usefulness. Thankfully, that 1
pair acted well to the 'quick fix' treatment, and stopped the leak & got me home :)

I recall the subject of replacing hoses surfacing a little while back...  take care not
to sever a metal barb? I'm planning on replacing these wasted hoses soon, might just be
enough of an excuse to buy a new Dremel tool :)

Any words of caution before I begin?

Cheers,
Curtis

C.Rochambeau 327/1600
http://binauralaboratories.net
~electronic manipulation's our specialty~