Re: [T3] The Baroness

on 1/10/2002 5:04 PM, Fiesta Cranberry at FiestaCranberry@webtv.net wrote:

> OK, so do you guys think I need a new muffler?  Or can the one that's on
> there be cleaned?  How do you clean melted rubber off a muffler?

You could probably just scrape most of it off, and then the rest will burn
off while you are driving it. With a new bellows, and a heating system that
is sealed properly, the smell shouldn't enter the cabin while you are
driving.

I would get that muffler seen to though, if it has been bent too close to
the bellows. Have you got a local exhaust shop that could straighten it for
you?

HTH,
Ben Doughney

'75 1200L