[T3] '63 Squareback brake problem

<x-charset Windows-1252>I finally got off my butt and reassembled my front brakes today on my '63
Squareback - drums were turned, new shoes, new rubber hoses.  Well, a new
rubber hose on the passenger side, the driver's side is dated 03/2000 and
was replaced just a little while before I purchased it.  I also repacked the
bearings.  I adjusted the front shoes and bled the entire system, then took
it for a test drive.

The driver's front drum is getting really hot, I am unable to touch it just
from a drive around the block (1/2 a mile).

The front brakes are not rubbing and the front passenger side is cool to the
touch.  The brakes are not pulling to either side.  All bearings looked like
new when I examined them.  I also disassembled the driver's side dual wheel
cylinders and they appeared mint.  One is a weird replacement with
Australian markings but it physically matches the other original wheel
cylinders.  I purchased the relined shoes off eBay but they had the correct
measurements according to my parts book and matched my destroyed originals.

What could be the problem?

If anyone has an NOS left front FAG wheel cylinder, I'd be interested.  I
have an NOS ATE one to trade or cash.  I want a FAG... so they all match.
;)

--
Everett Barnes
'63 Squareback - 43K miles