Re: [T3] My Engine swallowed part of my carb!

<x-flowed>i had this happen with a 1965 bug on the autobahn going from my hometown to where i was doing my mechanics apprenticeship. the brass tube was completely gone as well without any trace and there did not seem to be any ill effect on the engine, *except* for the fact that every time you pushed down the gas pedal a huge amount of gas comes gushing out of the (now much too large) opening. that meant you had to be very careful stepping on the gas, and the top speed was down to about 90 KPH since gas keeps seeping out of the opening. it was not really possible to continue the drive and the car was towed back home.

jens