Re: [T3] ATF leak clarifications

<x-charset windows-1255>Russ wrote:

> Since you say the top end of the dip stick tube is not bolted, I would
> check suspect this. There is only an o'ring and one small bolted tab at
> the bottom end. If this got pushed sideways accidentally, it could leak
> bad.
> It needs to be bolted at both ends to seal properly.

Thanks Russ,

My tranny has always leaked very slightly, in the region of half a liter per
six months. It looks like we may have found out why.

The top bolt of the dipstick tube is something I have wondered about
occasionally but never seen to; what is it supposed to bolt to? There is
nothing around there that had a corresponding hole.

As for the bottom of the tube; would it be a good idea to remove the tube
and
inspect it properly? It is certainly possible that I knocked it askew when I
removed the fuel hose. I just hope I can get it to seal again. Would some
silicone or something be a good idea?

Regards,

Daniel Baum
1969 Type 34 automatic