Re: [T3] gen light stays on(dimly)while engine runs

On 23 Sep 2002, at 11:11, David Hornback wrote:

> On the belt tightening issue, can people tell me what they use to tighten the
> belt while in the vehicle? I have the hardest time getting anything to fit in
> there, and was think about grinding down a wrench just for that.

Our belt doesn't need to be very tight at all. It should be easy to press it
inward 1" in the middle of the belt.

Overtightening increases the wear on the belt and pulleys and the side load
on the generator bearings. There is no advantage to running this belt tight.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054