Re: [T3] Oil light stays on after shutdown?

<x-charset iso-8859-1>

Well I decided to do a little trouble shooting and you guys pretty much had it correct. I do remember problems that were associated to the voltage reg. when the gen. light would stay on while power was killed to the ign. So I decided to pull the little blue wire off of the req. and sure enough the wires in back of the guage are transposed.

So we are now taking about the req. being faulty right? Is it a simple replacement of the reg. to rectify this? However, note that the light would still go out sometimes by itself after a few seconds (with no apparent ill effects, yet) and if I turn the ign. off  (and gen. light stays on) if I turn the ign back on, give the starter a quick shock of juice (but do not start it) then kill the ign. again, the light goes off.

Do I need to change the req. NOW then? Or can I wait for a little while?

Thanks,
Dave